The MCVS examination
- The MCVS examination is a board examination administered by the Bangladesh College of Veterinary Surgeons (BCVS). Successful candidates will be recognized by admitting as a Member of the College of Veterinary Surgeons (MCVS). MCVS is a qualification recognized by the Bangladesh Veterinary Council.
- The examination will be a computer-based Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) test.
- The examination will be operated by an international testing service provider. Currently, Prometric Testing Pvt. Ltd. is acting as the service provider and the test will take place at the Prometric test centers (currently only in Dhaka).
- The examination has been designed to test the expected day-1 skills of veterinary graduates but at a somewhat advanced level of understanding.
- The candidate will have to answer 100 questions, to be randomly assigned to each candidate from a question bank by a computer program. The total marks will be 100. The computer program will make a balanced selection of both recall type and application type questions coverings all disciplines under the broad areas of normal form and functions (10%), abnormal form and functions and disease agents (20%), clinical problems (40%), animal production (10%) and disease control (20%).
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The pass mark for this round of MCVS examination will be 65. The pass mark of the examination will be reset by the BCVS Executive Council from time to time.
All veterinarians registered with Bangladesh Veterinary Council will be eligible for this examination.